Empowering Parental Involvement
At Westside Atlanta Charter School, we believe that parental involvement is key to our students’ success. We are committed to fostering strong partnerships with parents and providing them with the information and opportunities they need to actively support their child’s education.
Your Role in Student Achievement
- Continuous Engagement: We encourage parents to be involved in various school activities and decision-making processes that aim to improve student achievement.
- Open Communication: Our doors are always open for parents to discuss their child’s progress, share concerns, or offer suggestions for school improvement.
- Access to Information: Parents have the right to know about the qualifications of their child’s teachers and the instructional methods and materials used in our classrooms.
How You Can Get Involved:
- Volunteering: Participate in school events, classroom activities, and committees.
- Parent-Teacher Meetings: Regularly attend meetings to stay informed about your child’s progress and how you can support learning at home.
- School Governance: Engage in our school governance and decision-making processes, including the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) and school board meetings.
Supporting Your Child at Home:
- Educational Resources: We provide access to resources that can be used at home to reinforce learning.
- Workshops and Training: Attend our workshops that offer strategies for supporting student learning and development.
Contact Us for More Information
If you are interested in becoming more engaged in supporting student achievement at Westside Atlanta Charter School or have questions about how you can better help your student in school, please contact us. We value your input and look forward to partnering with you in your child’s educational journey.